Before I share my next adventure with you I wanted to say thank you to everyone who read and commented on my last post. I was very nervous sharing such a personal part of my life while so many political issues are making it difficult for others to share a similar experience. The number of positive and kind comments were incredible to read and I am so touched by each one =o) So many of you restored my faith in the world, thank you.
Now, for where my next adventure is taking me —- Breckenridge, Colorado! In just a few days I will be skiing black diamonds in the Rocky Mountains. I can hardly wait to wake up to the fresh mountain air and hitting the slopes first thing in the morning. I have been to Breckenridge a few times as a kid and am excited to go back and see how the town looks now. While beginning to pack this weekend (I always pack almost a week before any trip) I wanted to share with you a few of my essentials I am bringing with. These flat lays were taken with my Olympus Pen E-PL 8 which was a blast to play around with and I have been learning all of the effects and functions. My new camera came just in time for this trip as an early birthday present. I will be celebrating the big 25 while I am up in the mountains and that means when I return I will be a quarter of a century. Yikes!!
Whenever I am in the mountains my skin suffers from the dry air, this time I am much more prepared and plan on bringing the following to help with the dryness:
– Teddies Organic Rose Water Spray – I have posted about this spray before and I can’t stop raving about it to anyone who will listen. Just one or two sprays of this rose water and I feel refreshed. It’s perfect for traveling, especially on long flights and I take it with me whenever I fly.
– Lush Ro’s Argan body conditioner – this was a Christmas gift from my sister, along with an assortment of lush products. It smells amazing and instantly hydrates my hands. I feel like you can never go wrong with lush products
– Blush Bath bombs – Nothing beats a warm bath after a day of skiing. Thankfully the place we are staying at has a huge tub that I can’t wait to use since I don’t have one at home. I plan on soaking in a warm bath a few times and these bath bombs will be the perfect touch.
– Philosophy Snow Angel Bath gel and Lotion– we haven’t had any snow in Chicago since December and I feel like the theme of these two bottles fit in more with the snowy mountains of Breckenridge. This trip I am checking a bag since my ski boots take up almost half my suitcase so I am not worried about the less than 4oz liquid rule.
– Asos beanie – this is my favorite winter accessory I own right now. The one fluffy pom trend didn’t suffice so I found a beanie with two =o) I had previously ordered one from Aldo but they were sold out and after searching around I found this one on Asos website and love it.
As I was laying everything out on my bed I noticed most of my winter wardrobe is either white or beige. I never realized my winter color palette was so light because I feel like wear dark colors the most. Here are a few of my favorites I am packing:
– Ski pants – yes I know, white ski pants. Am I crazy? How have these not gotten stained or ruined? I honestly don’t know but they are the most comfortable ski pants I’ve owned.
– Asos beanie – I do wear a helmet when I ski (it’s pink!) but I wanted to add this beanie back in because I just adore the two pompoms.
– Columbia socks – the warmest socks I own. I posted about them before my trip to Toronto and they have been a key wardrobe essential this winter.
– Oakley goggles – I’ve had these for a few years now and have no complaints. They also match my white pants.
– White long sleeve – this is one of the newer additions to my ski ensemble and yes it’s also white. Hopefully it will keep me warm.
– Sweater – this sweater will be perfect for the evenings when we are sitting around the fire. Our Airbnb has a wood burning fireplace that will be the ideal place to relax every night after a day of skiing.
Any recommendations in Breckenridge? Especially any food places to check out? I love anything food related =o)
x the Adventurer
*Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this post, I am sharing these products with you because I think they are amazing =o)